1 Day Training Course for Payroll Personnel, HR & Finance Personnel
(USC dealt with in detail on Practical Day)
This extremely practical course is specifically designed for anyone working in the payroll function who has payroll experience and who deals with some of more advanced payroll issues. Experienced payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course extremely valuable as it identifies many of the pitfalls encountered by payroll personnel in their day to day job.
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for and experienced in the operation of the payroll function. If you need to understand some of the more complex issues of the PAYE, PRSI and USC system, then you will not find a more comprehensive or useful course. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of PAYE, PRSI, PRD and USC we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
- Why you should not have blind faith in your payroll software
- Short Term Social Welfare Benefits – Illness Benefit, Jobseeker’s Benefit, Occupational Injuries Benefit and Maternity Benefit
- PRSI for Employees posted abroad on Temporary Assignments
- Tax Treatment of Expenses – reimbursement of expenses, round sum allowances, travel and subsistence payment rules, Removal and Relocation Expenses and Tax Free Payments
- Pension Related Deduction (PRD) – Who is liable to pay the PRD? Definition of a Public Servant and Public Service Body, Calculating the PRD, Exemptions from PRD, Dealing with Cessations, Records and Reporting, Forms PRD10, PRD12A etc.
- Revenue Audits – Types of Revenue Audits, How are taxpayers selected for Audit, Employer duties and entitlements, Disclosures, Interest, Penalties and Publication as a Tax Defaulter, Common problems arising on PAYE audits, Revenue Customer Service Charter.
- Benefit-in-Kind – Brief overview of Company Cars, Company Vans, Preferential Loans, Provision of Computers, laptops, phones and mobile phones.
- Payments to Members of State Bodies/State Sponsored Committees – Office Holders, Employed or Self Employed, PRSI exemption rules, Payments to self-employed consultants – the hidden problems, Determining an individual’s status and the status of Members of Committees and Boards.
- Exceptions to the general rules which apply here.
This course also includes:
- An opportunity to put your questions to a taxation consultant who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- Book now as places are strictly limited
- This course will pay for itself many times over
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.