VAT for VAT Exempt Institutions and State and Semi State Bodies – Day 1 (Goods)
Wednesday 6th November - Dublin City Centre
1 Day VAT training course specifically designed for:
Topics covered on the day:
- The operation of the Irish VAT system
- Special VAT treatment of State Bodies, Local Authorities and Other Public Bodies - new rules since 1st January 2013
- Why organisations need to self account for Irish VAT
- VAT payable on the importation of goods into Ireland
- VAT payable on intra-Community acquisitions
- How and when to self account for Irish VAT on goods purchased abroad
- When is foreign VAT correctly payable on goods purchased abroad
- When should a Foreign Supplier charge Irish VAT on goods
- When not to self account even if no VAT has been charged
- Deductible and Non-Deductible VAT
- Apportionment of Input Credits
- The rules on composite supplies and multiple supplies
- VAT payable on the purchase of goods in Ireland
- VAT Rates - how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on the supply of goods
- The Two Thirds Rule
- VAT Invoices and Credits Notes
- Simplified Invoicing
- Invoices issued in foreign currency
- VAT Returns and Intrastat Returns
- Practical exercises to reinforce delegates learning
Who should attend this course?
- Any body which is exempt from VAT and which purchases goods on which VAT is payable.
- Anyone who has to deal with the complexities of VAT chargeable on international transactions
- Anyone who has to decide when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable on goods and when it is not
- Anyone who has to self-account for Irish VAT on goods received from abroad
- Anyone who has to deal with VAT on transactions known as Intra Community Acquisition (ICAs)
- Anyone who enters into supply and install contracts or who incurs international transport charges
- Anyone who needs to understand how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on goods
These are some of the most troublesome areas of VAT legislation and are a constant cause of problems and VAT underpayments recovered on Revenue Audits. Staff responsible for the VAT implications of such transactions, cannot be expected to handle such complicated issues without the benefit of dedicated training.
Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day VAT telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Who will present this course?
The course is presented by a professionally qualified VAT consultant who will explain in detail, how VAT should be accounted for on international transactions. Questions are welcomed on all aspects of VAT legislation and a comprehensive manual will be supplied to each delegate, which will act as a valuable reference document.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society and the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided
10% discount for IPASS members. Book Online Now