VAT for VAT exempt Institutions and State and Semi State Bodies – Day 2 (Services)
|Venue||Dublin City||Cork||Limerick||Roscommon||Dublin West|
|Date||29th Apr||1st May||8th May||10th May||13th May|
1 Day VAT training course specifically designed for:
Topics covered on the day
- New rules from Jan 2013 which bring community facilities supplied by local authorities into the VAT net
- VAT payable on the purchase of services in Ireland
- Why organisations need to self account for Irish VAT on services received
- How and when to self account for Irish VAT on services received
- The amount on which VAT is chargeable on services
- When is foreign VAT correctly payable on services received from abroad
- When a foreign supplier should charge Irish VAT on services
- When not to self account even if no VAT has been charged on services
- Rules on composite supplies and multiple supplies of services
- VAT Rates - how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on services supplied and received
- Self accounting for VAT on construction services
- Supply and Install Contracts (Fixtures)
- Electronically supplied services
- Practical exercises to reinforce delegates learning
Who should attend this course?
- Anybody in a VAT exempt or partially exempt body, such as financial, insurance, educational or medical institutions, and State or semi State bodies, who is responsible for the preparation or management of VAT returns
- Anyone who has to self-account for Irish VAT on services received from abroad and in Ireland
- Anyone who needs to understand the complexities of VAT chargeable on international services
- Anyone who has to decide when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable and when it is not
- Anyone who incurs charges for international transport services
Staff cannot be expected to handle such complicated issues without the benefit of dedicated training.
Some of the most complicated areas of VAT legislation are dealt with on this course in a down to earth, practical manner.
Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day VAT telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Who will present this course?
The course is presented by a professionally qualified VAT consultant who will explain in detail, how VAT should be accounted for on international transactions. Questions are welcomed on all aspects of VAT legislation and a comprehensive manual will be supplied to each delegate, which will act as a valuable reference document.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society and the Institute of Accounting Technicians in Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided
10% discount for IPASS members. BOOK ONLINE NOW