Dublin City Centre
Wednesday 13th March 2013
This 1 day course is a comprehensive interactive training course designed for people who are responsible for any aspect of a company’s VAT obligations. It is ideal for those who have never undergone a structured VAT training course, or for those who wish to undergo a comprehensive VAT refresher course. The course will dispel many of the common myths and misunderstandings which arise in relation to the Irish VAT System. This course is designed to cover the most important principles of the operation of the Irish VAT System and it is suitable for staff of all levels, who wish to gain a thorough understanding of these essential principles. Delegates are entitled to a follow up telephone support for a period of 30 days and they will each receive comprehensive course notes which will serve as an invaluable reference document.
Who should attend this course?
- Finance managers, accountants, accounts staff and staff members with responsibility for the financial and legislative obligations of their organisation.
- Anyone who wishes to be pro-active in their approach to legislative and financial compliance and anyone who wishes to undergo a refresher course in the operation of the Irish VAT System. IPASS is the leading provider of VAT training courses in Ireland.
Topics covered on the day:
- Principles of a VAT System
- Understanding how the Irish VAT System works
- Accountable Persons and Taxable Persons - who is obliged to register for VAT?
- VAT Registration - including options to register for those not obliged to register
- Group Registration - what this means and how it may be of benefit to you
- Distance Sales - the hidden problems and how they may affect Irish businesses
- VAT Returns and Payments
- Annual VAT Returns - the advantages and disadvantages of opting to make and annual VAT return
- Supplies of Goods and Services - the different rules which apply to the supply of goods and the supply of services, and why these rules are very important
- VAT Invoices and Credit Notes - essential information for all businesses
- Non Deductible VAT - costs on which VAT may not be reclaimed and the most common errors
- The "Two Thirds Rule" explained
- VAT Bookkeeping Entries - how to deal with specific transactions
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) - electronic invoicing
- VAT Rates - how to determine the correct rate of VAT to charge or be charged
- Imports and Exports of Goods - the rules explained
- Intra Community Acquisitions of Goods and Triangulation - how they differ from imports and the rules explained
- Intra Community Suppy of Goods - how they differ from exports and the rules explained
- Supply and Install Contracts - the hidden problems and what you need to know
- Section 56 Relief - how it operates and the difference between this relief and being VAT exempt
- VIES Returns - when these are due and how to complete them
- An opportunity to put your questions to a VAT consultant who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- Book now as places are strictly limited
- This course will pay for itself many times over
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society, the Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
10% discount for IPASS members. BOOK ONLINE NOW