The Certificate in Employment Law is an excellent qualification which provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage their employer's human resource requirements. This course addresses all of the important employment legislation which affects every employer and every employee today. It will outline the main provisions of each of the 24 employment law Acts and will then go on to explain how these principles are applied on a day to day basis. This course is extremely interesting and practical and is supported by relevant case law and decisions of the Labour Court. It highlights the most common problems which employers have to content with. The course material includes numerous examples and self assessment questions which students can use to develop their knowledge while they study.
Is this qualification for you?
If you are responsible for an organisation's human resource function or you just wish to improve your knowledge of employment law, then this is the course for you.
There are no educational requirements for admission to the Certificate in Employment Law course. In order to qualify with a Certificate in Employment Law, students must sucessfully complete the course and examination. Prior knowledge of employment law is an advantage but is not essential.
Students who graduate with a Certificate in Employment Certificate will:
- Be aware of the obligations of employers and employees' entitlements under current Irish employment law
- Learn the most common mistakes made by employers which can often result in costly litigation
- Learn that by taking the correct action at an early stage, employers can avoid costly disputes and appearances before the Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT)
- Be aware of how employment law affects an employer's daily role in the workplace
Only students who have completed an IPASS Distance/Online learning course will be eligible to sit the qualifying examination for the Certificate in Employment Law.
IPASS examinations for the Certificate in Employment Law are held in December and May each year.
Repeat examinations will normally be held in February and August each year in Dublin only and a separate examination fee will be payable for repeat examination.
Distance Learning/Online Learning
IPASS offers this qualification through a Distance/Online learning option. This means that students can study at their own pace and at a time and location that best suits them.
The Distance/Online learning pack that each student receives contains everything that is required to enable them to tackle their studies with confidence to include:
- Comprehensive Study Manual
- Detailed study guide
- End of Chapter questions and solutions
- Sample papers and suggested solutions
- Telephone access to a tutor
- Online lectures which can be accessed at any time
- Online quiz questions
- Past Exam Papers
Details of the course syllabus can be found below: