Basic UK Payroll
Dublin City - Thurs. 22nd November 2018
This course is designed for those who need to know how to calculate UK PAYE and NIC (National Insurance Contribution),and require an understanding of the build up to gross pay, pre tax and post tax and NI deductions and additions. An ideal course for those with some experience of payroll and for those who are new to UK payrolls, who need something at a quicker pace.
The course will cover the key points regarding Real Time Information (RTI) and the procedured for dealing with new starters and leavers processes in conjunction with RTI.
Topics covered on the Day
Build up to gross pay
- Pre tax deductions
- Post tax and NI deductions
- Tax rates and bands
- Tax codes and allowances
- How to calculate tax using the tables including the 50% additinal tax rate and the K tax codes, the Scottish Rate of Income Tax (SRIT) and the extension of the regulatory limit
- NI Category lettters including under 21 and apprentice category letters
- NI'able pay
- Calculating National Insurance using the exact percentage method
Student Loan Deductions
- Dealing with Forms SL1 and SL2
- Making the calculations using the tanle method and exact percentage
Starters and Leavers
- Dealing with Forms P45 and P46
Real Time Information (RTI)
- Submission methods, deadlines and new starer checklist
- Making payments to HRMC and reclaiming qualifying statutory payments
Course Presenter - Linda Pullan
Linda Pullan has many years of hands on experience as the former Payroll Manager of the Daily Telegraph. She has spent 25 years designing, writing and delivering payroll training courses and qualifications.
She is a member of the IReeN committee electronic exchange user group for employers.
She is a regular speaker at payroll conferences including the IPASS Annual Payroll Conference & Exhibition and is a regular contributor to payroll magazines. She holds the Strathearn Award for Lifetime Achievement.
She was voted one of the top 100 in Reward in 2017 and one of the top 100 in Payroll (as part of Reward 300) by Reward Strategy magazine in 2018.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society and the Accounting Technicians Ireland.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
Further discounts available if you are also booking in for the Advanced UK Payroll Course
10% discount for IPASS members.