UPDATED FOR FINANCE ACT 2016
This payroll course is specifically designed for anyone working in the payroll function who has payroll experience, understands the fundamental concepts relating to the operation of PAYE, PRSI and the USC and who deals with some of the more complex payroll issues. All payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical Payroll course. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it identifies many of the pitfalls encountered by payroll personnel in their day to day work. No matter how experienced you are in operating payroll, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
Is this course for you?
- Do you need to know what payments are subject to PAYE and those that are not?
- Are you unsure about the tax treatment of holiday pay which is paid in advance?
- Do you make post cessation payments?
- Do you know your employer's LPT obligations?
- Are you responsible for paying expenses to your employees - are you aware of the rules?
- Are you aware of your responsibilities regarding Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit received by your employees?
- Are you unsure about the interaction of your employer's sick pay scheme, maternity pay or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit?
- Are you required to explain any of these calculations on an employee's payslip?
If so, this is the course for you!
What is covered on the day?
- Payments regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Payments not regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Tax treatment of advance payments to include holiday pay
- Tax treatment of post cessation payments
- Reimbursement of expenses to employees
- Civil Service motor travel and subsistence rates
- Payment of round sum allowances
- Removal and relocation expenses
- Taxation of Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Interaction of an employer's sick pay scheme, maternity pay scheme or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Local Property Tax - and employer's obligations
This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations - please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function or works in a payroll function dealing with the more complex payroll issues. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have "picked up" over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of payroll we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course..
Benefits of attending:
- An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate - an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This intermediate payroll course is being delivered by IPASS payroll consultants who have unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.