Website Law Society of Ireland
The Law Society of Ireland wishes to recruit a skilled and experienced Payroll Executive to run its busy payroll function on a two year fixed term contract. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ payroll processing experience. This is an exciting role for someone looking to further their payroll career, with the ideal candidate being a motivated and enthusiastic professional with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
The Society runs monthly (143 pax ), weekly (120 pax), bi-montly part-time (200 pax) and ad hoc payrolls. These payrolls total close to €13m and involve pension, PAYE, PRSI etc. deductions of €6m. The payroll system in use is Sage Micro Pay with feeds from/to a number of internal systems. All payments are by EFT and payslips are sent electronically. The FMS in use is SUN. The Society has both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension schemes.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate, who will report directly to the Financial Controller, will carry out the following duties in line with the Society’s processes, standards and strategic objectives;
- Manage the weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and ad hoc payroll processes for both staff and external lecturers / tutors including the processing of expenses, sick, holiday and maternity pay.
- Take responsibility for ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing and administration
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, pay rate changes etc
- Take responsibility for the checking of trial and final payroll outputs which includes: payslips and gross to net reports.
- Month end reporting including the preparation of payroll journals.
- Process off-cycle payments including final salary, ad hoc payments etc
- Complete and reconcile the payrolls and provide payroll reports as required
- Ensure all payroll reporting requirements relating to both Pensions and Insurance are met in a timely manner
- Ensure all statutory obligations in respect of PAYE / PRSI / USC are met
- Ensure accurate and timely Payroll Submissions, reconciliation of P30 Statements and payments completed on Revenue Online system (ROS)
- Produce data for time-lined statutory and regulatory returns eg Tax, pension etc.
- Prepare and submit CSO returns
- Act as a point of contact for both staff and external lecturers / tutors, dealing with queries in a timely, professional manner, ensuring the delivery of a high level of internal customer service
- Review existing payroll processes for opportunities for improvement in both efficiencies and controls
- Reconcile year-end and pre year-end data to include returns; running year end control reports for all Departments and checking same on an on-going basis
- Support audits of the payroll process by both internal and external auditors
- Stay up to date with all changes in payroll, pensions and employment legislation
- Work collaboratively with the HR Department in supporting the development of change and improvements in the payroll process
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Ensure compliance with GDPR in relation to payroll documents and records
- Maintain full confidentiality of sensitive material and information
- Liaise with and build good working relationship with the Society’s external payroll consultant
- Other payroll duties as they arise.
Knowledge & Skills
- IPASS qualification or equivalent accounting qualification would be highly desirable
- Proven and in-depth modern payroll experience in a payroll executive role
- Experience of large volume and/or multiple payrolls
- Up to date knowledge of all aspects of payroll procedures and related practices, including BIK, Bike to Work and Commuter Saver schemes and the processing of pension and other benefits
- Excellent understanding of payroll taxes
- The ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- A commitment to internal customer service with a proven track record of working well in cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with payroll software SAGE (Micro-pay) and excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and Outlook)
- Familiarity with electronic banking systems and EFT payment processing
- Detailed understanding of ROS and Revenue “real-time” reporting
- ROS administration experience desirable
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines
- An analytical and numerate mind-set
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary (DOE)
- Excellent working conditions
- Training & development opportunities
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to Recruit@lawsociety.ie.
Appointment to this role is subject to the candidate’s eligibility to work in Ireland, without any restrictions
Close of Business: Friday 24 January 2020
We thank you for your interest in the Law Society of Ireland and your interest in this role. Due to the level of response required, only successful candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the HR department. For more information on our Data Protection policies please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit lawsociety.ie..