Cashel Community School
Reporting to: Principal
Job purpose: To support and provide financial and secretarial support to the Principal and SMT and work within the office management team.
The successful applicant should display evidence of capacity in a wide range of the following key responsibilities
- Prepare the payroll.
- Reconcile and prepare all revenue on-line returns.
- Administer payroll on OLCS.
- Monitor, control and reconcile all financial allocations to the school (e.g. main school budget, Home School Liaison, Free Book Scheme, Exam Fee Scheme, Special Technology Grants, Adult Education, Mock Exams, Practical Exams etc).
- Ensure all payment to the school are recorded, receipted, reconciled and lodged to the appropriate bank accounts.
- Collect rent for use of premises, enrolment fees, book rental fees, school trips etc.
- Check and ensure accuracy of trader’s accounts, part-time teachers and teacher’s claims forms, travel forms, franking machines and expenses for Board of Management members.
- Assist in preparation for year end audit.
- Arranging payment of all invoices authorised for payment. Keep and record monthly petty cash payments.
- Monitor and control the school’s cash flow.
- Prepare monthly/annual accounts (including Adult Education), bank reconciliation etc in accordance with DES guidelines. Provide reports as requested to principal.
- Prepare reports for the Finance Committee as required.
- Liaise with Financial Support Services Unit on financial matters and outsourcing companies regarding maintenance and other contracts. Manage ordering of materials in accordance with Frameworks.
- Lodge cash/cheques and manage online banking including online payments and transfers.
- Support the administration for the recruitment and appointment process for teachers, SNAs and other staff in accordance with the procedures, including placing advertisements, correspondence with candidates, preparing interview related paperwork and ensuring that the recruitment and selection process is documented.
- Prepare offer letters, employment contracts and new employee starter packs.
- Maintain a Staff List, including the Seniority List.
- Administer and assist with the organisation of staff training including updating, maintaining and recording all training activities completed.
- Update and maintain staff leave of absence and administer on-line OHS referrals.
- Provide monthly/quarterly sickness absence reports for the Principal.
- Ensure all staff files are accurately and securely maintained.
- Manage school calendar and co-ordination of SMT diaries.
- Maintain the student database management systems (PPOD Facility Admin Scheduler), including the continuous maintenance of teaching groups/timetable changes etc.
- Apply Data Protection Policy requirements in the maintenance of all records.
- Provide support with the maintenance of the school website.
- Liaise with relevant software/hardware support agencies in developing new systems.
- Assist with producing the Year Book / School Journal and School Information Booklets
- Send texts to parents/guardians, Board members and staff as directed by the Principal.
- Control all incoming/outgoing school email on the general email account.
- Liaise with outside agencies, local primary schools, Youth Reach, other 2nd level schools, DES, TUSLA, sporting organisations and others.
- Maintain school order books, acquire tenders, and submit requisitions to Principal for approval.
- Liaise with School’s Procurement Unit on procurement matters.
- Knowledge and experience of accounts software package(s).
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel and MS Office package.
- Experience of managing budgets and preparing financial reports.
- Ability to communicate well (both written and oral), including with staff, parents and students.
- Ability to complete tasks to deadline.
- Well organised with experience in developing efficient administrative systems.
- An understanding of working in a school environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and affinity with children.
Job description, Competencies and Application Form available by request via email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.