BDO Ireland has an ambitious strategy which envisages significant future business growth across existing and new services. This growth will be underpinned by a people strategy which will establish BDO as a home for top talent and create an environment where our people can develop and grow.
We are looking for an ambitious, forward thinking high-achiever seeking a new challenge in a progressive and forward-thinking firm. In addition to a competitive package, this position offers opportunities for progression, challenging projects, and learning and development in a collaborative environment. At BDO you can be yourself – we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need, and you can shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality.
As part of the fifth largest global professional services firm, BDO is one of Ireland’s leading accountancy, tax, advisory and consulting organisations. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Executive, to join a busy Ireland and UK payroll team, with a minimum of 3 years’ Payroll processing experience preferably within a bureau or shared service environment. This role will be excellent for someone looking to further their payroll career with the ideal candidate being motivated, enthusiastic, professional and driven with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Managing the weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll process for a portfolio of clients
- Complete, reconcile and provide all payroll reports to clients and relevant third party vendors
- Ensure all additional payroll reporting requirements such as Pension Reporting and General Ledger Reporting are met in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely Payroll Submissions, Statement acknowledgements and payments on Revenue Online system (ROS)
- Prepare and submit Central Statistics Office returns
- Act as main point of contact dealing with client queries in a timely, professional and friendly manner ensuring superb customer service
- Ensure all statutory obligations in respect of PAYE / PRSI / USC are met
- Provide support to other team members as required to include reviews and backup processing for payrolls
- Complete monthly Metrics and internal reporting requirements as they arise
- Maintain and review existing payroll processes and client records, with on-going identification of opportunities for improvement in both efficiencies and controls
- Other Ad Hoc Payroll Team duties as they arise
- Support Audits of the payroll process both by internal and external bodies
- Be innovative and support the development of change and improvements in the Payroll Department
- Ensure compliance, data protection, audit and risk control within the function
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive material and information
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- A minimum of 3 years’ high volume Irish Payroll processing experience preferably within a bureau or shared service environment
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of payroll processing including BIK, Share Options and Shadow Payrolls
- IPASS or other accounting qualification an advantage
- Experience of software package Europay would be preferable
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel & Outlook
- Excellent time management, administration skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication
BDO, Beaux Lane House, Mercer Street Lower, Dublin 2
Full time, Permanent role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.