In an environment of ever increasing globalization we provide professional services in 80+ countries to help our clients operate across borders. Whether entering a new market or driving in country growth we ensure they stay focused on their core business, taking the stress away from their accounting, legal and HR responsibilities.
We are embarking on an ambitious growth plan which will be achieved through strong organic growth, the entrance to new markets and completion of acquisitions. This provides a truly dynamic work environment to build a successful career and see a tangible impact from the work that you complete.
The role of the Payroll Specialist will support junior and more experienced team members with the delivery of the payroll services to TMF’s clients. All payroll and associated tasks must be completed by the Payroll Specialist in an efficient, professional and timely manner, providing a high quality of service to the client. The Payroll Specialist will in addition, be required to maintain a good working relationship with the client, answer queries and provide them with any requested documentation.
Duties and responsibilities
– Responsible for meeting payroll compliance requirements via accurate, complete and timely processing of weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls, remittances and filings with appropriate tax authorities/pension providers as required and payments to employees;
– Supervises and allocates tasks to Job Band 1 & Job Band 2 colleagues, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for task accuracy and completeness, keeping line manager updated as appropriate.
– Responsible for meeting the indicated deadlines for each allocated client task;
– Performing tasks in compliance with company policies relating to payroll to ensure requirements are followed consistently and in full for each payroll cycle;
– Performing tasks in compliance with employment legislation, data protection and control risk within payroll function;
– Being the primary day to day contact for payroll audits, Central Statistics Office and other requirements. Responsible for answering audit queries and analysis at year-end and preparation of all monthly and annual statutory returns as required;
– Responsible for processing, payment, reconciliation and reporting of benefits (e.g. Health Insurance, Pension, Share Awards etc.) as required;
– Providing administrative support for management of payroll and benefit issues and accurate record keeping.
– Perform standard defined tasks to on board new clients;
– Identify out-of-scope service and providing respective information to the team leader/manager
– Keeps up to date with changes in local payroll and tax legislation
– Escalates any concerns to line supervisors or line manager in a timely manner
– Uses TMF’s payroll software effectively
– Maintains relevant databases, client records and other tracking tools as required
– Provides administrative support to the payroll team as required
– Attends client meetings as required
– To undertake any other duties as reasonably expected for the role
Critical competencies for success
– Strives for high standards of delivery to clients.
– Has a strong understanding of processes needed to undertake the role successfully.
– Makes informed judgements and decisions based on practice and precedent.
– Decisions will be made within defined limits of authority.
– Has basic understanding of TMF Group’s business lines and how TMF is structured
– Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently.
– Is mindful of the TMF Group values.
Leadership & Resource Management
– May have supervisory responsibilities for work carried out by members of the immediate team.
– Organises the use of resources to meet expectations and identifies difficulties.
– Reviews non-complex work undertaken by more junior team members.
– Informally manages expectations of more senior colleagues infrequently.
– Communicates information in a clear and concise manner (verbal and written work) to both internal and external stakeholders
– Able to deal with difficult situations in a calm and diplomatic way
– Takes ownership of particular clients to ensure a consistent level of service
– Listen actively whilst understanding what relevant questions they should ask and respectfully taking into account global and cultural differences
– Makes it a priority to be accessible and responsive to customers
– Build rapport with clients and use body language and voice techniques effectively
– Evaluates and reports back on client service levels
Job specific requirements
– IPASS/CIPP, or equivalent qualification with substantial experience in a fast paced, high volume payroll position,
– A detailed knowledge of PAYE (including BIK) and PRSI/NI,
– Familiarity with Revenue’s Online Service and bank transfer processes,
– Experience with payroll systems e.g. Sage Micropay, STAR and Microsoft office packages and or willingness to learn to use payroll systems
– Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
– Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan ahead and organise themselves
– Able to articulate and communicate with clients in a concise and professional manner
– Fluency in English is essential
Key results Areas & Key Performance Indicators
– 99% data entry completeness and accuracy into the Payroll system
– 99% compliance to Tax Reporting/Pension Deadlines
– 100% adherence to ISO27001 Data/information Security & ISAE 3402 protocols
– Ensure timeliness and correctness of data provided to clients
– 100% timely and accurate personal time writing within required deadline
– Ensure the team’s entities remain fully compliant with legislation
– Support process enhancement and continuous process improvements, utilising systems as required
– Zero customer escalations related to delivery within your span of control
Working at TMF Group offers
Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc3.pageuppeople.com.