A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Rehab Group Head Office,
Parkwest Dublin 12
Fixed Term, 39 Hours
The Payroll Supervisor will lead a centralised team of payroll specialists in Ireland processing up to 2400 staff across the Rehab Group. The role ensures the smooth and efficient running of a busy high volume payroll department that manages and processes weekly, and monthly payroll; and all Revenue returns (processing P30/P32/P35/P60/P45/New Starters).
The role is responsible for reporting to internal and external parties within deadlines; and developing effective relationships with stakeholders & implementing process improvements within payroll where necessary.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Educated to diploma level in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Relevant Irish Payroll Association (IPASS) qualification ( desirable)
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Payroll field
- Experience of CORE Pay (desirable) and designing Business Intelligence (BI) reports (desirable)
- Working knowledge of payroll principles and practices
- Employment legislation – contract of employment; employee rights; working hours and overtime; calculating gross pay, Tax Credits; Universal Charge Certificate
- P35; P60; different tax assessment methods; annual tax liability; budgetary changes on net take home pay
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of a Payroll function across the Rehab Group in Ireland, into a focused team, to include general supervision, delegation of duties, approval of annual leave, management of absence and performance and the provision of ongoing support and mentorship, in order to respond effectively to the internal customer.
- Check each Payroll every period (weekly/monthly) before complete update
- Process the EFT transfer of monies for staff to Bank, maintenance of same and contact Banks if any problems arise.
- Reconcile year-end and pre year-end data to include P35 returns; running year end control reports for all Divisions and checking same on an ongoing basis i.e. month to month to check for any errors or omissions.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and point of contact for any staff queries – and delegate any tasks arising as appropriate
- In partnership with the Group Finance Controller keep all staff in the payroll team fully trained and up-to-date on changes in the Tax code / Budget
- Maintain data to a high level of integrity and maintaining utmost confidentiality at all times
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Contact – Bronacha.Taft@rehab.ie
Closing Date: 24.02.20
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.