About the role
The HR & Recruitment Administrator role includes responsibility for delivering a flexible and proactive HR administration service to our customer in line with agreed timescales and service level agreements. This involves a wide range of activities and managing effectively through peaks and troughs in demand.
The role involves all aspects of HR administration, including recruitment and onboarding, general HR, learning and development, and payroll query support for our customer based in the aviation industry.
Working within a multi-skilled team environment, the HR & Recruitment Administrator will play a critical role as the first point of contact for our customers employees and will be required to present themselves and engage in person, by phone and by email with professionalism, recognising the importance of the employee experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to candidate, employee and manager queries received by telephone call, email or through the ticketing system within agreed timeframes using the agreed scripts and delivering a professional and friendly response. Queries may be across a broad range of topics.
- Managing routine HR administration processes – e.g. sickness and absence, annual leave bookings and records, contract changes, maternity/paternity/parental processes, etc.
- Managing routine recruitment and onboarding processes – e.g. scheduling of interviews and assessment centres, background checking and security clearances, badging, data entry of new starter information, etc.
- Learning & Development support, including booking employees on training courses, set up of rooms and facilities, etc.
- Reviewing and improving processes in order to ensure compliance and quality is adhered to, creating and updating process flows, high level process steps and detailed working instructions.
- Ad-hoc project work as required, to achieve team objectives and customer requirements including proactively participating in and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Cross-functional support for other teams within the HR environment which may span HR, Payroll, Learning & Development.
- Other general office administration tasks contributing to the smooth running of the team, for example raising purchase orders, ordering office supplies, etc.
Key skills and experience required
- Previous experience working in a busy HR / Recruitment team.
- Payroll experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience working within a shared service environment and knowledge of outsourced services.
- Knowledge of / experience in the aviation industry an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to organise and manage workload effectively across multiple tasks.
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledge of ResourceLink, ServiceNow and/or Talentsoft systems is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications, talent management systems and ticketing systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with other team members, hiring managers, candidates and employees.
- Proven ability and willingness to work in a dynamic and highly pressured environment.
- Resilience and flexibility in approach, in particular including flexibility to take on a wide range of tasks during peaks and troughs of demand.
Zellis is the leading provider of payroll and HR solutions for the UK & Ireland. Together with Benefex and Moorepay we form the Zellis Group, serving a vast array of companies across every vertical and industry. Our purpose is to make people feel appreciated for the work they do – through precision, choice, and magic.
We have over 50 years of heritage and industry experience – and we’ve been ahead of the curve throughout. More than half a century ago, we were founded as Peterborough Data Processing. Quite a lot has changed since then – not least our name. We were acquired by Northgate, becoming NorthgateArinso in 2007 and NGA Human Resources UK and Ireland in 2014, where we were joined by Moorepay. In 2018, the UK and Ireland division was sold to Bain Capital and now we operate as a standalone company, Zellis. After acquiring Benefex, we’re now even better equipped to serve the complex needs of our customers.
Our vision is to be the clear leader in pay, reward, analytics, and people experiences. We’re proud of our culture and we work hard to create an environment where people want to join, belong to, and be part of a progressive organisation. Our values, which were defined with input from all of our 2,000 colleagues, are not empty words on a poster:
- Unstoppable together
- Always learning
- Make it count
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with years of service + Birthday leave
- Company Health Care & Dental cover for employee and dependencies
- A Pension commencing after probation period with employer contributions of up to 10% depending on length of service
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Zellis employee recognition programs
- Access to retail discounts, discounted gym membership, travel insurance and much more