McKesson Ireland is part of McKesson Europe which is a leading international wholesale and retail company and provider of logistics and services to the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector. The proactive and preventive approach ensures that patients receive the products and support that they require for optimum care. In the Republic of Ireland, McKesson Ireland compromises of United Drug, the largest pharmaceutical wholesaler and Lloyds Pharmacy Ireland the largest pharmacy group in the country. Combined McKesson Ireland and employs nearly 1,700 people.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for the effective and controlled delivery of high-volume payroll, mainly monthly cycle, subject to tight timelines. The individual in this role will need to demonstrate accuracy, work at fast pace, and have knowledge of statutory payroll legislation. You must be committed to ensuring that the payroll administration function is professional and well respected.
- Processing of large volume Payroll from start to finish in accordance with Irish Revenue, Taxation, and internal policy guidelines.
- Produce Payroll relates metrics and dashboards.
- Documentation and implementation of all Payroll processes and procedures.
- Provide direct customer service to employees, internal/external business partners with high quality, professional and timely responses.
- Prepare monthly approvals and deliver outputs.
- Provide support for statutory and tax audits by compiling required payroll information.
- Responsible for ensuring all Payroll data is accurate & complete
- Preparation & reconciliation of statutory returns
- Preparation of and reporting on Payrolls using Megapay
- Liaising with social welfare and completing relevant forms
- Dealing with staff/third party requests on payroll related issues.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate Employee and Company records
- Deal with payroll queries on PAYE, PRSI, BIK, pension and other tax queries from employees.
- Interface with all key stakeholders including HR Services and Finance to ensure the accurate and timely execution of Payroll processing including coordinating and securing Payroll data inputs, validating all related data and ensuring timely payment.
- Maintenance of the integrity of all Payroll data
- Preparing and submitting relevant reports for Finance/HR/Revenue
- Ensure compliance, data protection and control risk within the function
- Ad-hoc Payroll analysis and reports as required
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by Management
- General administration duties
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years relevant payroll experience
- Relevant Payroll qualifications and or Bachelor’s Degree in business, or other relevant discipline or equivalent related work experience
- Administration of full Payroll cycle including payroll submissions / In house payroll processing
- Up to date knowledge of Payroll and legislation
- IPASS accredited
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Megapay a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of TMS a distinct advantage
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Prioritisation of own workload on a day to day basis
- Ability to multi-task and to coordinate a series of different jobs concurrently
- A high level of personal drive and self-motivation with an ability to work in isolation when required
- A willingness to learn new tasks and be flexible
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proactive nature and ability to work on own initiative but recognises the objectives of the whole team.
- Personable and approachable nature.
- Ability to adapt to change.