Tuesday 23rd May 2017
Presented by IPASS in association with LearningCurve
How to present a message that people will remember and connect with!
Whether it’s a presentation to clients, payroll analysis for management or giving a payroll update to colleagues, the need to communicate through a presentation format has become an essential skill in the business environment. Delivering an impactful presentation can be a daunting experience for many people, yet more and more people are being asked to give both formal and informal presentations.
During this session Séan McLoughney will share some skills and techniques to help you improve how you deliver an impactful presentation.
Below are some key strategies that are explored during the workshop.
- Learn and practice the core principles of presenting a message, whether you are in a meeting, or delivering a presentation to colleagues or clients.
- How to begin your presentation and create interest in your message; Use the ROPE method to engage your audience
- Use a 3 step approach to structure an outstanding presentation; research your materials, build your slides/story, rehearse
- Tell your story with passion and conviction and leave a positive impression; understand the importance of Mehrabian rule
- Understand the impact of the 3Vs in presenting; visual, verbal and vocal
- It’s time to rehearse as seeing is believing – create a short presentation using the tips and techniques discussed during the workshop
- Rehearse, feedback, rehearse, feedback, rehearse, feedback
The workshop aims to maximise participation from the delegates throughout the session and each person is expected to deliver a short presentation during the workshop and will be given supportive feedback.
About the Lecturer
Séan McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 he has helped over 11,000 professionals at every level to improve their performance.
In addition to his work with LearningCurve, Séan wrote, designed and delivers the highly successful Diploma in Managing People for the Chartered Accounts Ireland. He is also senior lecturer for IPASS as well as a senior lecturer (F1-Accountant in Business - ACCA) in Independent Colleges. Séan a regular speaker at CPA events.
In 2001 Séan founded LearningCurve after spending almost 20 years gaining valuable experience with EBS Building Society where he held some key managerial positions. Since then Séan has specialised in Performance Management and delivering skills and knowledge programmes for Managing People. He has worked with numerous SMEs across Ireland as well as large Irish and multi-national companies.
Séan is also a successful author and has written three books and numerous articles. His first book "Slave to the Clock, Master of Time" helps you improve your time management skills and he also delivers the popular time management course “Planning your day to achieve your Business Results” based on his book. “Slave to a Job, Master of your Career”, his second book, outlines how people can plan and progress their career. His third book “Meaningful Performance Reviews” helps you to improve the performance of your team by having regular meaningful performance review meetings.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Tax Institute, the Law Society, Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival, mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
IPASS Member Non Member €260 €335
BOOK ONLINE TODAY!