No dates scheduled for this course.
Register your interest in future courses by signing up to our alerts.
Updated for Finance Act 2018
1 day training courses specifically designed for Government Depts., Colleges, Hospitals, State & Semi State Bodies, Local Authorities, Institute of Technology, HSE, ETB's, Financial Institutions and Credit Unions.
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone who works for an organisation which is exempt or partially exempt from VAT and who is responsible for the management and preparation of VAT returns
- Anyone who had to deal with the complexities of VAT chargeable on international transactions
- Anyone who has to decide when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable on goods and services received from abroad and when it is not
- Anyone who has to self-account for Irish VAT on goods and services received from abroad
- Anyone who has to deal with VAT on transactions known as intra-Community acquisitions (ICAs) and intra-Community supplies (ICSs)
- Anyone who enters into supply and install contracts (fixtures or fittings)
- Anyone who needs to understand how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on goods and services
Topics covered on the day
- VAT Supplies
- Place of Supply of Service Rules
- VAT payable on the purchase of services in Ireland
- Why organisations need to self account for Irish VAT on services received from abroad
- How and when to self account for Irish VAT on services received from abroad
- The amount on which VAT is chargeable
- When is foreign VAT correctly payable on services received from abroad
- When should a foreign supplier charge Irish VAT on services
- When not to self account even if no VAT has been charged on services
- Self accounting for VAT on construction services
- Supply and Install Contracts (Fittings)
- Supply and Install Contracts (Fixtures)
- Electronically supplied services
- Accounting for VAT - Cash Receipts Basis v Sales/Invoice Basis
- Annual Return of Trading Details - revised RTD Form & filing on ROS
- VAT Information Exchange System (VIES) Returns
These are some of the most troublesome areas of VAT legislation and are a constant cause of problems and VAT underpayments recovered on Revenue Audits. Staff responsible for the VAT implications of such transactions, cannot be expected to handle such complicated issues without the benefit of dedicated training. All of the above topics listed will be dealt with in a down to earth, practical manner. Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day VAT telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day VAT telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Who will present this course?This course is presented by a professionally qualified ex-Revenue Inspector who will explain in detail, all the VAT implications of dealing with international transactions. Questions are welcomed on all aspects of VAT legislation.
CPD/CPE HoursAttendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
TimetableCourses run from 10.00am - 4.30pm - tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.