Is This Course For You?
– Do you fully understand all the aspects of your company pension scheme?
– Do you know the difference between a PRSA and a retirement annuity contract?
– Do you know how to treat payments from a Permanent Health Insurance Scheme?
– Do you know how to calculate a termination payment for an employee in the most tax efficient manner?
– Are you aware of the rules regarding PRSI and family employments?
– Do you know the common problems that arise on Payroll audits?
If you found it difficult to answer any of the questions above, then this is the course for you!
What Is Covered On The Day?
– Revenue approved company pension schemes
– PRSAs and Retirement Annuity contracts
– Tax deductible pension contributions
– Options on leaving employment before retirement
– Pension adjustment orders
– Benefits on retirement
– Taxation of pension lump sums
– Contributions to and payments from PHI schemes
– Income Tax and PRSI treatment of Directors’ fees and salaries
– Advanced PRSI issues to include PRSI and family employments, change in PRSI class on reaching pension age, the PRSI class that applies to payments made to job-sharers, JobsPlus, together with PRSI overpayments and refunds
– Termination Payments to include statutory redundancy, basic exemption, increased exemption, SCSB, life-time limit and reporting requirements
– Tax treatment of employment law compensation payments
– Common problems arising on Payroll Audits
*This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator