Is This Course For You?
- Do you fully understand all the aspects of your company pension scheme?
- Do you know the difference between a PRSA and a retirement annuity contract?
- Do you know how to treat payments from a Permanent Health Insurance Scheme?
- Do you know how to calculate a termination payment for an employee in the most tax efficient manner?
- Are you aware of the rules regarding PRSI and family employments?
- Do you know the common problems that arise on Income Tax audits?
If so, this is the course for you!
What Is Covered On The Day?
- Revenue approved company pension schemes
- PRSAs and Retirement Annuity contracts
- Tax deductible pension contributions
- Options on leaving employment before retirement
- Pension adjustment orders
- Benefits on retirement
- Taxation of pension lump sums
- Contributions to and payments from PHI schemes
- Income Tax and PRSI treatment of Directors’ fees and salaries
- Advanced PRSI issues to include PRSI and family employments, change in PRSI class on reaching pension age, the PRSI class that applies to payments made to job-sharers, JobsPlus, together with PRSI overpayments and refunds
- Termination Payments to include statutory redundancy, basic exemption, increased exemption, SCSB, life time limit and reporting requirements
- Tax treatment of employment law compensation payments
- Common problems arising on Income Tax Audits
*This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator