Is This Course For You?
– Are you new to payroll?
– Are you working in payroll but totally reliant on your payroll software?
– Do you need to manually calculate Income Tax, PRSI and USC liabilities?
– Are you required to explain the figures on a payslip to an employee?
– Do you require an understanding of the basic principles of the PAYE System?
– Are you unsure about the rules relating to the operation of the Emergency, Week 1 and Cumulative basis of tax and USC?
– Do you require an update on an employers obligations under PAYE modernisation?
– Do you require an update on the PRSI classification system?
Did you answer yes to any of the above questions? If so, this is the course for you!
What is Covered on the Day?
– Why you should not have blind faith in your payroll software
– Revenue Terminology – the lecturer will discuss and explain many of the terms used in the operation of the PAYE system
– Tax Credits and Standard Rate Cut Off Point explained in detail
– Cumulative Basis of Income Tax
– First Employments
– Commencement and cessation of employment to include Jobs and Pensions Service
– Emergency Basis with and without a PPS Number
– Week 1/Month 1 (non-cumulative) Basis
– Week 53
– The Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) System as it applies to both employers and employees to include the tapered PRSI credit
– The Universal Social Charge (USC) dealt with in detail to include the revised thresholds for 2020
– Understanding your payslip
– Employers duties under PAYE Modernisation to include RPNs and Payroll Submissions
*This course will contain a number of practical Income Tax, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator