This extremely practical course deals with all of the issues, which are important to anyone working in, or responsible for, payroll. The course covers all of the essential rules in the operation of the PAYE system and it outlines the rights and obligations of both employers and employees.
Whether you are new to payroll or have years of experience, you won’t find a more comprehensive or useful course. The course content has been reviewed which results in an interactive and practical course focusing on all of the basics that any payroll operator requires to include numerous examples!
Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have “picked up” over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of the PAYE system, we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Is This Course For You?
- Are you new to payroll?
- Are you working in payroll but totally reliant on your payroll software?
- Do you need to manually calculate Income Tax, PRSI and USC liabilities?
- Are you required to explain the figures on a payslip to an employee?
- Do you require an understanding of the basic principles of the PAYE System?
- Are you unsure about the rules relating to the operation of the Emergency, Week 1 and Cumulative basis of tax and USC?
- Do you require an update on an employer’s real-time reporting obligations under PAYE modernisation?
- Do you require an update on the PRSI classification system?
Did you answer yes to any of the above questions? If so, this is the course for you!
What is Covered on the Day?
- Why you should not have blind faith in your payroll software
- Revenue Terminology – the lecturer will discuss and explain many of the terms used in the operation of the PAYE system
- Tax Credits and Standard Rate Cut Off Point explained in detail
- Cumulative Basis of Income Tax
- First Employments
- Commencement and cessation of employment to include Jobs and Pensions Service
- Emergency Basis with and without a PPS Number
- Week 1/Month 1 (non-cumulative) Basis
- Week 53
- The Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) System as it applies to both employers and employees to include the tapered PRSI credit
- The Universal Social Charge (USC) dealt with in detail
- Understanding you payslip
- Employers duties under PAYE Modernisation to include RPNs and Payroll Submissions
*This course will contain a number of practical Income Tax, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for:
- Anyone who is responsible for processing payroll
- Anyone working in payroll or is about to start work in payroll
- Payroll administrators
- Payroll managers
- Bookkeepers, Accounting Technicians, Accountants and Finance managers
- HR Personnel or Manager
- Or any other person with an interest in payroll
Benefits of attending
- An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to each attendee following completion of the course
This practical payroll course is being delivered by IPASS payroll consultants who have unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation of the PAYE system.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for up to 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.