VAT Treatments of Goods
VAT training course specifically designed for Government Depts., Colleges, Hospitals, State & Semi State Bodies, Local Authorities, Institutes of Technology, Universities, HSE, ETBs, Financial Institutions and Credit Unions.
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Anyone who works for a body which is exempt or partially exempt from VAT and who is responsible for the management and preparation of VAT returns
- Anyone who has to decide when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable on goods received from abroad and when it is not
- Anyone who has to self-account for Irish VAT on goods received from abroad
- Anyone who has to deal with VAT on transactions known as intra-Community acquisitions (ICAs) and intra-Community supplies (ICSs)
- Anyone who enters into supply and install contracts (fixtures or fittings) or who incurs international transport charges
- Anyone who needs to understand how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on goods and services
Topics Covered On The Day
- The operation of the Irish VAT System
- Special VAT treatment of State Bodies; Local Authorities and Other Public Bodies
- Why organisations need to self account for Irish VAT
- VAT payable on the importation of goods into Ireland
- VAT payable on intra-Community acquisitions
- How and when to self account for Irish VAT on goods purchased abroad
- When is foreign VAT correctly payable on goods purchased abroad
- When should a foreign supplier charge Irish VAT on goods
- When not to self account even if no VAT has been charged
- Deductible and Non-Deductible VAT
- Apportionment of Input Credits
- The rules on composite supplies and multiple supplies
- VAT payable on the purchase of goods in Ireland
- VAT Rates – how to determine the correct rate of Irish VAT chargeable on the supply of goods
- The Two Thirds Rule
- VAT Invoices and Credit Notes
- Simplified Invoicing
- Invoices issued in a foreign currency
- VAT Returns and Intrastat Returns
These are some of the most troublesome areas of VAT legislation and are a constant cause of problems and VAT underpayments recovered on Revenue Audits. Staff responsible for the VAT implications of such transactions, cannot be expected to handle such complicated issues without the benefit of dedicated training. All of the above topics listed will be dealt with in a down to earth, practical manner.
Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day VAT telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Benefits of attending
- An opportunity to put your questions to an ex-Revenue Inspector who specialises in this area
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- This course will pay for itself many times over
- 30 day free VAT telephone helpline service following date of course
This course is presented by a professionally qualified ex-Revenue Inspector who will explain in detail, all the VAT implications of dealing with international transactions. Questions are welcomed on all aspects of VAT legislation.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for up to 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies. It is up to each individual body to award the CPD hours.