Reporting to: Senior Financial Accountant
Date of revision: January 2022
Summary of Job Description and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to operate GOAL’s accounts payable process. This requires accurate recording of invoices and payment of same using GOAL’s accounting system, Sage 200. GOAL’s suppliers are both domestic and international and invoices are received in a range of currencies.
Other elements of the role will include support to the finance team and assisting with month-end processes.
Standard GOAL office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Primary Responsibilities – Purchase Ledger Function
- Process and pay all purchase invoices, including staff expense claims, in a timely and accurate manner according to GOAL’s policies and procedures
- Manage the document flow for incoming invoices
- Ensure all purchase invoices and staff expense claims are valid, have complied with GOAL’s procurement procedures, and have been properly authorised prior to payment
- Ensure invoices are properly analysed by cost type, and department or overseas field, and entered accurately into Sage
- Pro-actively monitor the expense claims process, to ensure staff are paid on a timely basis
- Prepare the suggested payments report in good time to allow for line management review prior to payment
- Ensure all purchase invoices and other related documentation are properly filed
- Deal promptly with supplier and staff queries
- Manage the petty cash
- Reconcile relevant bank accounts monthly
- Reconcile the purchase ledger on a monthly basis, close the module within Sage and roll forward to the next period.
- Prepare and post the schedule of expenditure accruals each month
- Provide supporting documentation to auditors
Provide support to the finance team as and when required (including annual leave cover). This will include, but is not limited to:
- Analysis and processing of credit card expenditure
- Processing of credit card purchases
- Assisting with the month-end recharges process including processing of time sheets
- Any other appropriate duties as assigned by line manager
- A financial or administrative background, with at least two years’ professional experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Sharepoint, and File Explorer is essential
- Experienced with Sage and / or Microsoft Dynamics or other accounting/CRM software
- Excellent attention to detail, and an aptitude for numbers
- Strong organisational skills; Able to prioritise and cope well under pressure, be deadline aware, and comfortable managing competing demands
- Self-disciplined and efficient with a flexible and proactive attitude
- Solid team-working skills and good communication skills
- Educational achievements and goals will also be considered as part of the selection criteria