What Is Covered On The Day?
VAT Treatment of Services
- Amount on which VAT is chargeable – one of the most problematic areas in VAT
- Return of Trading Details – revised RTD Form and filing on ROS
- Accounting for VAT – Cash Receipts Basis v Sales/Invoice Basis
- Comprehensive explanation of the Place of Supply of Services Rules received from abroad – when foreign VAT is correctly chargeable and when it is not
- VAT on Construction Services – when to charge VAT and when the customer must self account for VAT
- Fixtures and Fittings – the difference from a VAT perspective!
- VAT chargeable on goods and services supplied to foreign customers
- When does the Irish customer have to self account for Irish VAT?
- When does the foreign supplier have to register for and charge Irish VAT?
- What are the customer’s obligations when the supplier does not apply VAT correctly?
- How to determine the correct rate of VAT?
- Disposal of company assets – is VAT chargeable?
- VAT on Finance Charges: Hire Purchase v Leasing – the essential differences explained and how they may affect you
These are some of the most troublesome areas of VAT legislation and are a constant cause of problems and VAT underpayments recovered on Revenue Audits. Staff responsible for the VAT implications of such transactions, cannot be expected to handle such complicated issues without the benefit of dedicated training. All of the above topics listed will be dealt with in a down to earth, practical manner.