This workshop will provide you with the skills and techniques to deal with conflict in a positive way. It helps your communication skills and how to prevent conflict from happening. It will equip you with a toolkit for communicating confidently and building positive working relationships.
Some Key Benefits From This Workshop Include:
- Understand the difference between constructive conflict vs negative conflict and what causes conflict in the workplace
- Apply a three-step approach to ensure difficult conversations have successful outcomes
- Recognise ways that we communicate
- Realise the impact of our communication style on difficult conversations
- Delegate effectively – understand how poor delegation skills cause conflict and develop a strategy for delegation – 6 step approach and the skill/will matrix
- Understand how you should communicate with the different personality types and what are the barriers to communication within your workplace
- Be able to use open questions and good listening skills to deal with conflict – how to get to the root of the problem
- Develop a 100-day action plan to ensure the learning continues after your return to your workplace – what should you start doing, stop doing and continue to do
About The Lecturer
Séan McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 he has helped over 11,000 professionals at every level to improve their performance.
In addition to his work with LearningCurve, Séan wrote, designed and delivers the highly successful Diploma in Managing People for the Chartered Accounts Ireland. He is also senior lecturer for IPASS as well as a senior lecturer (F1-Accountant in Business – ACCA) in Independent Colleges. Séan a regular speaker at CPA events.
In 2001 Séan founded LearningCurve after spending almost 20 years gaining valuable experience with EBS Building Society where he held some key managerial positions. Since then Séan has specialised in Performance Management and delivering skills and knowledge programmes for Managing People. He has worked with numerous SMEs across Ireland as well as large Irish and multi-national companies.
Séan is also a successful author and has written three books and numerous articles. His first book “Slave to the Clock, Master of Time” helps you improve your time management skills and he also delivers the popular time management course “Planning your day to achieve your Business Results” based on his book. “Slave to a Job, Master of your Career”, his second book, outlines how people can plan and progress their career. His third book “Meaningful Performance Reviews” helps you to improve the performance of your team by having regular meaningful performance review meetings.