Delegates will be provided with excellent course material which can be used as an invaluable reference document and all delegates are provided with free access to our 30 day Employment Law telephone helpline service following their attendance.
Benefits for Employers
– Be aware of your obligations as an employer and your employees’ entitlements undre current Irish employment law
– Learn how to avoid the most common mistakes made by employers which often result in costly litigation
– Ensure that by taking the correct action at an early stage, you can avoid costly disputes and appearances before the Employment Appeals Tribunal
– Illustrates to employers how employment law affects their daily role in the workplace.
What Is Covered On The Day?
– What employees are covered under these Acts?
– What is continuous service?
– What minimum notice must employees give to their employers?
– What rights have employers regarding notice from their employees?
– Can an employer or employee waive their entitlement to notice or accept pay in lieu of notice?
– What is “summary dismissal” and how does this affect notice?
– Who do these Acts apply to?
– When does a redundancy actually arise?
– How to calculate a statutory redundancy payment?
– What is continuous and reckonable service?
– What happens when an employer fails or is unable to pay statutory redundancy?
– What are an employer’s obligations during redundancy?
– What is the effect of putting an employee on “short-time” or “temporary lay-off”?
– What are an employee’s entitlements if their employer becomes insolvent?
– What is the Insolvency Payment Scheme?
– How can employees benefit from this scheme?
– What type of “workers” are covered under these Acts?
– What is the difference between a “trade dispute”, “industrial action” and a “strike”?
– When can employees picket their place of work?
– What grievance and disciplinary procedures should an employer have in place?
– What happens when a dispute is referred to the Workplace Relations Commission?
– What employees are covered or excluded under these Acts?
– What are the different types of dismissal?
– What is meant by “fair procedures”?
– How do these Acts affect employees on fixed term contracts?
– What are the remedies for unfair dismissal?
– How robust is your organisation’s dismissal procedures?
– What employees and workplaces do these Acts apply to?
– What at the 9 grounds of equality?
– What are an employer’s responsibilities under these Acts?
– What are an employer’s obligations regarding harassment and sexual harassment of employees?
– How can the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission help employers?
– Updated to include the Equality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2015
– What are the new rules on the retirement age?
– What are an employer’s duties and responsibilities under this Act?
– What are an employee’s duties and responsibilities under this Act?
– What is defined as “work related stress” and what should an employer do?
– Do you have a workplace safety code?
– How can the Health & Safety Authority help?
– What are the functions and duties of the WRC??
– What format will a WRC inspection take?
– What records will be inspected?
– What is the expected outcome for employees?