End of Year Procedures
This course takes you through the processes of finalising the tax year 2018/19 under Real Time Information (RTI). The deadlines for finalising the tax year and the options under RTI to do this will be reviewed. The procedures for amending the tax year once it has been finalised will also be covered.
Furthermore, the process of how to complete the P11Ds for benefits and expenses will be addressed. The deadlines for submission to HM Revenue and Customs and the issue of this information to employees past and present. The cash equivalent for certain benefits and the calculation of Class 1A NICs will be examined.
Details of how to Payroll Benefits in Kind, what benefits can be included and the deadline for registering for Payrolling.
Linda Pullan has many years of hands on experience as the former Payroll and Expenses Manager of the Daily Telegraph. She has spent over 25 years designing, writing and delivering payroll training courses and qualifications.
She has been member of the committee of IReeN electronic exchange user group for 15 years and was Head of Payroll Alliance for 12 years until 2018. She is an associate member of the British Computer Society (BCS) Payroll Specialist Group.
She has been working with IPASS for over 14 years.
In 2008 she was awarded the Strathearn Award for Lifetime Achievement.
She is a regular speaker at payroll conferences including the IPASS Annual Payroll Conference & Exhibition and is a regular contributor to Taxation magazine.
She was voted one of the Reward 100 in 2017. The Reward 100 list is chosen by a panel of experts from Reward Strategy magazine (formally Payroll World magazine) and comprises of the 100 most influential and dedicated leaders in payroll, reward, employment law, international payroll, HR, employee benefits and workplace pensions. In 2018 she was voted one of the top 100 in Payroll in the Reward 300 list.
She holds the Diploma in Payroll Management
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Courses run from 10.00am – 4.30pm – tea/coffee on arrival. mid-morning & mid-afternoon and lunch will be provided.
What Is Covered On The Day?
– Deadlines for submission
– Declaring benefits on form P11D
– Company cars & private fuel
– Mileage allowance payments
– Company vans
– Private Health insurance
– Relocation expenses
– Miscellaneous items; childcare vouchers, long service awards, gifts and subscriptions/professional fees
– Expenses including travel and subsistence
– Childcare vouchers
– Payrolling Benefits in Kind
– Deadline for registering for Payrolling
– Which benefits can be payrolled
– Procedures to be applied before opting out
– Dealing with changes to the value of benefits during the tax year
– Optional Remuneration Arrangements
– What is it and does it apply to my employees?
– Dispensations and statutory exemptions
– Trivial benefits
– Calculating Class 1A and form P11D(b)
– Issuing the P11D to HMRC and the employee
– PAYE Settlement Agreements (PSA)
– Final dates for submission
– Making a complete return
– Balancing payments to HMRC
– Making adjustments and corrections via the EYU
– Common Errors
– Issuing the P60
– Penalties & interest
– Clearing down and checks in preparation for the new tax year
– Uplifting and inputting new tax codes
– New rates and thresholds for Student Loans including new Postgraduate loans
– New NI rates and thresholds
– Tax bands and thresholds for Scotland, Wales and rest of the UK (rUK)
– New statutory payment rates
– Auto Enrolment thresholds and minimum contributions