Is This Course For You?
– Do you need to know what payments are subject to Income Tax and those that are not?
– Are you unsure about the tax treatment of holiday pay which is paid in advance?
– Do you make post cessation payments?
– Are you unsure about your employer’s LPT obligations?
– Are you responsible for paying expenses to your employees – are you are aware of the rules?
– Do you pay expenses to members of State/State Sponsored Committees?
– Learn how to treat payments from a Permanent Health Insurance Scheme
– Learn how to calculate a termination payment for an employee in the most tax efficient manner
– Learn what PRSI class applies to Directors of State Bodies and State Companies
– Do you know the common problems that arise on Payroll audits?
If so, this is the course for you!
What Is Covered On The Day?
- Payments regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Payments not regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Tax treatment of advance payments to include holiday pay
- Tax treatment of post cessation payments (new rules since 2019)
- Reimbursement of expenses to employees
- Payment of Civil Service motor travel and subsistence rates
- Payment of expenses to members of State/State Sponsored Committees
- Payment of round sum allowances
- Removal and relocation expenses
- Local Property Tax – an employer’s obligations
- Contributions to and payments from PHI schemes
- Termination Payments to include statutory redundancy, basic exemption, increased exemption, SCSB, life time limit and reporting requirements
- Advanced PRSI issues to include the PRSI class that applies to payments made to Directors of State Bodies and State Companies, job-sharers, JobsPlus, modified rate contributors, together with PRSI overpayments and refunds
- Common problems arising on Income Tax Audits
*This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator