ASC and Public Sector Sick Pay
This course is specifically designed for anyone working in or managing payroll in the public sector. An understanding of the fundamental concepts relating to the operation of the PAYE , PRSI, and USC would be of benefit prior to attending this course.
Payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical Payroll course. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it deals with the Additional Superannuation Contribution (ASC) and the interaction of Illness Benefit and sick pay which payroll personnel encounter in their day to day work. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of the PAYE system, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
Is This Course For You?
- Do you know why ASC applies to some employees and not to others?
- Do you know how to calculate ASC for your employees?
- Are you aware of what ASC forms/certificates need to be issued to employees?
- Do you know what pension and ASC contributions are payable by employees who are absent on leave?
- Can you explain any of these calculations on an employee’s payslip?
Did you answer No to any of the above questions? If so, this is the course for you!
What Is Covered On The Day?
- Who is liable to pay ASC?
- What is the definition of a Public Servant and a Public Service Body?
- Pensionable pay for ASC purposes
- Calculation of ASC using the ASC rates and thresholds
- Form ASC10 and ASC Certificates
- End of year review, ASC records and reporting requirements
- Payment in lieu of membership of a Public Service pension scheme
- Taxation of Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Interaction of the Public Sector sick pay scheme, maternity pay scheme or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
*This course will contain a number of practical calculations – please bring a calculator
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function, works in a payroll function or is about to start work in a payroll function. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have “picked up” over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of the PAYE system, we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Benefits of attending
- An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This course is being delivered by IPASS payroll consultants who have unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation and calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Two half days training.