This course is designed for anyone working in, or managing, payroll and deals with the more complex payroll issues. All payroll personnel should take this opportunity to expand their knowledge in an ever changing work environment while building on the knowledge already achieved in attending the Practical Payroll course. Whether you work in payroll or are responsible for the payroll function you will find this course to be extremely valuable as it deals with the more complex issues payroll personnel encounter in their day to day work.
Many people working in payroll have no structured training and operate on the basis of what they have “picked up” over the years. No matter how experienced you are in operating the PAYE system, we can guarantee that you will learn something new that you can bring back to work the following day!
What Is Covered On The Day?
- Payments regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Payments not regarded as pay for tax purposes
- Tax treatment of advance payments to include holiday pay
- Tax treatment of post cessation payments
- Reimbursement of expenses to employees
- Civil Service motor travel and subsistence rates
- Payment of round sum allowances
- Removal and relocation expenses
- Taxation of Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Interaction of an employer’s sick pay scheme, maternity pay scheme or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit
- Local Property Tax – and employer’s obligations
*This course will contain a number of practical PAYE, PRSI and USC calculations – please bring a calculator
Is This Course For You?
- Do you need to know what payments are subject to Income Tax and those that are not?
- Are you unsure about the tax treatment of holiday pay which is paid in advance?
- Do you make post cessation payments?
- Are you unsure about our employer’s LPT obligations?
- Are you responsible for paying expenses to your employees?
- Do you struggle with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit received by your employees?
- Are you unsure about the interaction of your employer’s sick pay scheme, maternity pay or paternity pay scheme with Illness Benefit, Maternity Benefit and Paternity Benefit?
- Are you required to explain any of these calculations on an employee’s payslip?
Did you answer yes to any of the above questions? If so, this is the course for you!
Who should attend this course?
This is an essential training course for anyone, who is responsible for the payroll function, works in a payroll function or is about to start work in a payroll function. Most people working in payroll have no structured training and they have to operate on the basis of what they have “picked up” over the years. No matter how experienced you are in the operation of the PAYE system, we can guarantee that you will learn something new and useful from this course.
Benefits of attending
- An opportunity to put your questions to a specialist payroll consultant
- Small groups to allow time for individual attention and queries
- A detailed handout is supplied to each delegate – an invaluable reference document
- 30 day free telephone helpline service following date of course
This course is being delivered by IPASS payroll consultants who have unrivalled knowledge and experience in the operation of the PAYE system.
Attendance at this seminar may qualify for 7 CPD/CPE hours for members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland, the Irish Taxation Institute, the Law Society; Accounting Technicians Ireland and other professional bodies.
Two half days training.